Why No Comments...

I decided to have NO COMMENTS here. So I do not have to keep check for SPAM. If anyone wants to ask a question, concerning books I have read, they can do so, on my regular blog, Auntie sezzzzzz... .
.
.
.

Friday, March 15, 2013

"Swamplandia"


"Swamplandia"  by Karen Russell

From a review:
"Thirteen-year-old Ava Bigtree has lived her entire life at Swamplandia!, her family’s island home and gator-wrestling theme park in the Florida Everglades. But when illness fells Ava’s mother, the park’s indomitable headliner, the family is plunged into chaos; her father..."

This book begins with such a weirdly different premise, that I had hoped it would be fun, fun, fun.  But...   Nope.  The fun part ran out and the far-from-fun parts set in.  

So I'm sorry to say, I did not really enjoy the book. 

See more, at 'Good Reads'...  By clicking here.........