Why No Comments...

I decided to have NO COMMENTS here. So I do not have to keep check for SPAM. If anyone wants to ask a question, concerning books I have read, they can do so, on my regular blog, Auntie sezzzzzz... .
.
.
.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

"The Blue Zones"


"The Blue Zones"  by Dan Buettner

"National Geographic Explorer Dan Buettner has traveled the globe to uncover the best strategies for longevity found in the Blue Zones: places in the world where higher percentages of people enjoy remarkably long, full lives."

Yes, another book on how to live a longer, HAPPIER life.  I high-light "happier," because it's not just about living to 110, if the last 20 years are spent in a nursing home.  If we can add years to our life, we want them to be good years.  

So the author and a team, visit these pockets of long-lived people, around the globe.  No particular "Fountain Of Youth" found.  Of course not!  These people are not "youths," later in life.  They are simply healthier, than most of the world.

I like a book, which "whispers" that "It Will Share A Secret With Me".  :-)  Like a little kid, I like to find Secrets.  The author doesn't promise a Secret, but I guess I tend to hope there will be one, hidden inside.   :-)  Not!  There is a lot of wisdom about living.  Sadly, such is hard to adapt, in our weirdly-on-speed-world, though...   But I enjoyed reading the book.     

Read more here, in 'Good Reads'...

# 22